Ecommerce Java Developer
New York City
What Acadaca is all about:
Founded in 2002, Acadaca (https://www.acadaca.com) is a 60- person boutique ecommerce agency with a broad spectrum of clients including fashion, beauty, lifestyle, media and B2B. Acadaca runs its primary operation out downtown Manhattan, in NoHo, New York City, with satellite locations in LA, Colorado, Pennsylvania and Florida. We are a technology systems integrator with vast expertise in all the major technologies and platforms, with a highly integrated à la carte offering that includes digital marketing, user experience and creative design, as well as eCommerce strategy and operations, and our own proprietary products.
* Participating in requirements gathering discussions
* Designing database schema changes and J2EE software upgrades to support new
* Coordination of feature implementation with other developers.
* Assessing the impact of new features on existing infrastructure
* Providing long term solutions and short term options for common maintenance requests
* Improving and monitoring application availability (apache, tomcat, postgres, mysql, Oracle)
* Setting technical policies for coding best practices
* Documenting technical procedures and best practice on intranet wiki
* Implementing and improving deployment procedures for new and existing applications
* Implementing more formal testing for J2EE applications
* Occasional support on sales calls/meetings where technical input necessary
* Interviewing possible candidates
* Training- new/junior senior devs
* Run/organize team meeting for best practices and protocols
* Perform code reviews
* Improve overall architecture of code
On a technical level, looking for someone with:
* Java and J2EE (tomcat application server experience a plus) - approximately 3+ years
* SQL/stored procedures (postgres and oracle experience a plus)
* Source Control (GIT)
* Basic Linux commands
* Experience with Spring Framework
* Ecommerce, analytics, and/or content management experience
* Familiarity with SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
* Experience with cloud services (AWS)
Best-in-Class Benefits Health Care. 401k. Short/Long term Disability. Life, Dental, and Vision Insurance. Transit and parking benefits.
Work-Life Balance Take your birthday off! Enjoy Summer Fridays. Work-From-Home days. Just steps away from the B, D, F, M and 6 train. Informal, relaxed dress code.
Work Hard, Play Hard! Foosball. Pop-a-Shot. Free snacks and drinks. Happy hours. Sponsored Team Events and Recreation leagues.
Acadaca is an equal opportunity employer.